The Bioethics Project is a three-semester class. Students delve into the research subtopic of their choice.The Bioethics Project incorporates:
The High School Bioethics Symposium
- Class/club time during which students work on their individual research
- Mentoring by Hastings Center researchers
- Lessons focusing on specific research and writing skills, presentation skills, preparing the website and planning the community symposium
- A daylong project meeting at the Hastings Center where students present and discuss their research
- Creation of a website to publish research and convening of a community symposium around a research topic
The Bioethics Project culminates in the High School Bioethics Symposium. Students present their work and findings at this capstone event.
This project was launched in September 2011 and is funded by an anonymous donor.