1. There are two ways to apply to Kent Place School. You may submit the Application for Admission
along with the $75 application fee online by January 10, 2019,
by clicking the 'Apply Online' button on our website, or you may submit the SSAT Standard Application Online (SAO)
. Please complete only ONE of these application processes. Please note: Decision Notifications for all Round One applicants will be sent in early March. In order to be considered in the Round One applicant pool, your application must be submitted by the January 10 deadline. Round Two applicants will be considered only if space permits.
2. Call the Admission Office at (908) 273-0900, ext. 265 to arrange a campus visit and interview. Applicants for Grades 6-8 are required to visit and tour the campus. An interview with an Admission Officer will be scheduled to take place during your visit. Parents also will have an opportunity to tour the school and meet with an Admission Officer on the day of their daughter’s visit.
3. Arrange for the applicant to take the SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test). Advance registration for this test is required. For registration information, please refer to www.ssat.org
. The SSAT is offered at Kent Place and several area schools throughout the fall and winter. Kent Place will administer the SSAT to Middle and Upper School applicants on the following Saturdays:
Saturday, November 10, 2018, 8:30 a.m.
Saturday, December 8, 2018, 8:30 a.m.
Saturday, January 5, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
Please Note: Kent Place also accepts the results of the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Examination).
4. Upload an official Transcript using the button in your child's checklist tab in the online application. The Transcript should include current year grades, final grades from the previous two years, results of any standardized testing and attendance record. The Transcript must be uploaded by February 1.
5. Ask current English and math teachers to complete the Grades 6-12 Teacher Recommendation Form. If the same faculty member teaches both of these subjects, please ask the current science or social studies teacher to submit the second recommendation. Forms should be completed by teachers no sooner than December 1 and submitted to the Admission Office no later than February 1. The Grades 6-12 Teacher Recommendation Form can be sent directly to the teacher using the e-mail link found in your child's checklist tab in the online application.
6. The applicant must complete the Student Supplement
in their own handwriting and upload it via the checklist tab in the online application no later than February 1.