At Kent Place, each student's academic path is different and the standardized tests that may best showcase a student's achievement will likely vary from student-to-student. Students are supported by the College Office
, Upper School faculty, and administration in all decisions regarding standardized testing. At Kent Place, consideration to positioning students well for standardized tests is one aspect of our comprehensive Upper School program.
Specifically, we offer:
- on-site administration of the PSAT and PreACT for 10th-grade students and the PSAT for 11th-grade students preceded by an overview of the test
- a complimentary SAT/ACT preparation course open to all students in the second part of their junior year
- access to our learning specialist who helps students identify learning strategies that maximize a student's learning style
- experienced faculty who understand the content of subject tests and AP exams
- intentionally constructed English Language Arts, Humanities and Mathematics curriculum that provides all the skill foundations necessary for the ACT and the redesigned SAT 2016