The Bioethics Project is a three-semester class. Students delve into the research subtopic of their choice.The Bioethics Project incorporates:
The High School Bioethics Symposium
- Class/club time during which students work on their individual research
- Mentoring by Georgetown University staff
- Lessons focusing on specific research and writing skills, presentation skills, preparing the website and planning the community symposium
- A daylong project meeting where students present and discuss their research
- Creation of a website to publish research and convening of a community symposium around a research topic
The Bioethics Project culminates in the High School Bioethics Symposium. Students present their work and findings at this capstone event.