1. There are two ways to apply to Kent Place School. You may submit the Application for Admission
along with the $75 application fee online by clicking the 'Apply Online' button on our website, or you may submit the SSAT Standard Application Online (SAO)
. Please complete only ONE of these application processes. Please note: All families applying for financial aid must submit their financial aid applications to TADS
by February 1, 2020.
2. Call the Admission Office at (908) 273-0900, ext. 265 to arrange a campus visit. Applicants for Grades 9-11 are required to spend the day on campus. During the visit, your daughter will have a conversation with an Admission Officer. Parents also will have an opportunity to tour the school and meet with an Admission Officer on the day of their daughter’s visit.
3. Arrange for the applicant to take the SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test). Advance registration for this test is required. For registration information, please refer to www.ssat.org
. The SSAT is offered at Kent Place and several area schools throughout the fall and winter. Kent Place will administer the SSAT to Middle and Upper School applicants on the following Saturdays:
Saturday, October 19, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
Saturday, November 16, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
Saturday, December 14, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
Saturday, January 4, 2020, 8:30 a.m.
Please Note: Kent Place also accepts the results of the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Examination).
4. Upload an official Transcript using the button in your child's checklist tab in the online application. The Transcript should include current year grades, final grades from the previous two years, results of any standardized testing and attendance record. The Transcript must be uploaded by February 1.
5. Ask current English and math teachers to complete the Grades 6-12 Teacher Recommendation Form. If the same faculty member teaches both of these subjects, please ask the current science or social studies teacher to submit the second recommendation. Forms should be completed by teachers no sooner than December 1 and submitted to the Admission Office no later than February 1. The Grade 6-12 Teacher Recommendation Form can be sent directly to the teacher using the e-mail link found in your child's checklist tab in the online application.
6. The applicant must complete the Student Supplement
in their own handwriting and upload it via the checklist tab in the online application no later than February 1.