Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated in the United States each year from September 15 through October 15, and there’ll be no shortage of activities at Kent Place to mark the achievements of Hispanic Americans. Students, staff, faculty, and the community partake of the rich cultural history, from personal anecdotes to family traditions and favorite meals and from music and dance to integrating the Hispanic culture into lesson plans.
Middle School Admission
ADMISSION PROCEDURES FOR GRADES 6–8
- There are two ways to apply to Kent Place School. You may submit the Application for Admission, with $75, online by January 2, 2023, by clicking the APPLY ONLINE button on our website or you may submit the SSAT Standard Application Online (SAO). Please complete only ONE of these application processes. Note: Decisions for all Round One applicants will be sent in early March. In order to be considered in the Round One pool, your application must be submitted by the January 2 deadline. Round Two applicants will be considered only if space permits.
- All families applying for financial aid must submit their financial aid application to Clarity by January 15, 2023, after submitting their application for admission. If applying to Kent Place is cost-prohibitive, please get in touch with Adrianna DeGazon, Director of Financial Aid, at email@example.com, to request a fee waiver.
- After you have submitted an application for admission, you will receive an email with instructions regarding how to schedule the required parent and student interviews.
- Arrange for the applicant to take either the SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test) or the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) before January 23. Advance registration for both tests is required. Test scores are due by January 23. For registration information, refer to ssat.org or iseetest.org. Fee waivers are available.
- Upload an official transcript using the button in the applicant's checklist tab in the online application. The transcript should include current year grades, final grades from the previous two years, the results of any standardized testing, and your child’s attendance record. Within the online application checklist, there is a release form to give to your child’s current school in order to obtain the official records. The transcript must be uploaded by January 23.
- Ask current English and math teachers to complete the Grades 6–12 Teacher Recommendation Form. If the same faculty member teaches both of these subjects, please ask the current science or social studies teacher to submit the second recommendation. Forms should be completed by teachers no sooner than December 1, 2022, and submitted to the Admission Office no later than January 23, 2023. The Grades 6–12 Teacher Recommendation Form can be sent directly to the teachers using the email link found in your child's checklist tab within the online portal.
- The applicant must complete the Student Supplement and upload it via the checklist tab within the online portal no later than January 23.
For specific questions about the Middle School Admission Process, please contact:
Director of MIDDLE & UPPER SCHOOL Admission
(908) 273-0900, ext. 623
The Kent Place School Admission Office offers translation services for parents whose first language is not English. We invite you to interact with our office in the language that makes you feel most comfortable.