Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated in the United States each year from September 15 through October 15, and there’ll be no shortage of activities at Kent Place to mark the achievements of Hispanic Americans. Students, staff, faculty, and the community partake of the rich cultural history, from personal anecdotes to family traditions and favorite meals and from music and dance to integrating the Hispanic culture into lesson plans.
Kent Place recognizes that teachers are the foundation of the school’s mission to empower girls to be confident, intellectual, and ethical leaders who advance the world.
Our faculty is made up of a diverse group of men and women who strive to inspire scholarship, innovation, and agency in our future leaders. Through encouraging inquiry, collaboration, and interdisciplinary and critical thinking, they inspire each student to achieve her full academic, physical, and creative potential; to love learning; to gain confidence; to live responsibly; to lead; and to develop respect for herself and others. KPS continually seeks teaching candidates who reflect these qualities themselves and who reflect the diversity of our student community; who possess the communication skills to guide students in meaningful and productive ways; who are passionate about teaching and learning, as well as their subject areas; and who can make positive contributions to the school community.
Kent Place School is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who support the development of a school community that is culturally competent and a working environment that is affirming and inclusive, where each member feels safe and valued, as described in our Diversity Statement.
View our current faculty and staff positions and apply today!
A COllegial Working Environment
As a school for girls, Kent Place promotes a model of education that is not just challenging but collaborative, guiding students to approach learning as a shared experience. The same holds true for our faculty. Teachers routinely share new ideas and insights, both formally at faculty meetings and informally through day-to-day interactions. Those at the same grade level often pair up to coordinate lessons, units or even their entire curriculum for the year. Because KPS believes so firmly in meaningful technology integration, all new teachers receive a new laptop in the platform of their choice (PC/Mac). KPS has a number of programs in place to help new faculty members adjust to the school and become part of this community. These include:
- A school and curriculum orientation in August
- Cultural awareness training
- A mentoring program with current KPS faculty and staff
- Regular meetings with department chairs and division directors
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Kent Place recognizes the importance of providing teachers with both the inspiration and the means to develop their knowledge and their craft. Truly excellent teachers are lifelong students and scholars themselves, and everything they learn enriches what happens in their classrooms. KPS supports professional development in a number of different ways:
- Tuition reimbursement: Roughly three out of four KPS teachers already have advanced degrees when they join the faculty. However, those who come here wishing to further their education are encouraged to do so and may apply for up to 50 percent tuition reimbursement.
- Professional workshops and conferences
- Grants for summer curricular work
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PROGRAM
Kent Place School offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit program:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account with employer contributions
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Aflac Supplemental Benefits
- TIAA 403b Retirement Plan with matching employer contributions
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition remission benefits for employees’ children attending KPS
- Tuition reimbursement for employees
- Summer program discounts for children of employees
- Professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
- Employee Health & Wellness Program
- On-campus housing opportunities