A Strong Foundation for Boys and Girls
|In cheerful and colorful spaces, the Preschool at Kent Place School engages all of a child’s senses — and most of all the sense of wonder. As boys and girls form letters out of Play-Doh, share stories, sing and build with blocks, our accomplished teachers help them discover new worlds. We encourage children’s boundless curiosity, directing their exuberance into academic, social, emotional and physical growth. In this warm and caring community, we help each child develop a strong framework to build on in Kindergarten, in primary school and through a lifetime of learning.|
"Educating the whole child - your child - through developmentally appropriate practices that nurture and support the social, emotional, intellectual and physical growth and development of each student is the hallmark of our Preschool Program."
-Dr. Adunni Anderson, Director of the Primary School
About Our Preschool Program
- Our Nursery and Pre-Kindergarten Program is for boys and girls ages 3 to 5.
- Our Preschool is part of Kent Place School and has the use of the school’s state-of-the-art facilities and beautiful 26-acre campus, including our garden, art gallery, theater, science lab, computer lab and library.
- Our teachers are experienced and highly-educated in the field of early childhood.
- Our dedicated specialists provide enriching experiences in the areas of world language, music, art, physical education, drama and movement, science and technology. Our Preschool students have one semester each of French and Spanish.
- Our Preschool students have opportunities to interact with older students through various assemblies and partnerships.
- Our parents are an important part of Preschool. Working with young children means working closely with families, parents and teachers to form a partnership as we exchange insights and experiences. Preschool parents are encouraged to volunteer for class activities. Parent Enrichment Workshops are offered throughout the year to explore issues and concerns of general interest.
Learn More About Kent Place Preschool